Nehemiah – Becoming A Disciplined Leader
Lesson 12: "Studying God’s Word"
"I have hidden your word in my heart…" Psalms 119:11
Studying God’s Word
- Pray – Remember Psalms 119:18
- Survey – Read the passage quickly
- Read – Read the passage carefully
- Observe – List the details, pay attention to things that are meaningful. Like names, places, names of God, emotions, events, actions, etc…
- Interpret – What do the details mean? What did they mean to the author? What did they mean to the audience it was written for? Have I seen something like this in the Bible before?
- Apply – What does it mean to me? What does this passage mean in our time?
- Pray – Ask the Spirit to water the seeds that have been planted
- Share – Look for opportunities to use what you’ve learned
Observations of the structure of John 2-4
Interpret (here, remember John’s theme in John 20:30-31)
For next week, read Nehemiah 13