Joshua – Living As A Consistent Role Model
Lesson 5: "A Cure for Fading Memories" Joshua 4
"Watch yourself lest you forget…" Deut. 6:12
- What has the Lord done for us? (Deut. Chs. 6-8)
- On the verge of entering the Promised Land, the stones were an important lesson
- Why from the middle of the river?
- Another pile of stones! (v. 9)
- The 12 stones were carried to Gilgal. They are now in Canaan! (v. 20-24)
- What was the reaction of the Canaanites? Remember Rahab? (5:1)
- Hardened Hearts
- Fading Memories (Judges 2:8,10)
- How could this be? (Judges 2:12)
#1) When we fail to model and teach God’ Word, it only takes one generation for degeneration to take place
- Is America Exhibit A?
- Sound familiar? (Deut. 6:12-15, 8:7-14)
- God is not blind, though (Psalms 37)
#2) We have a tremendous responsibility to take the lead in teaching our children biblical values
- Do we have any memorial stones that can remind us and our children of what God has done for us?
For next week, read Joshua Ch. 5