Joshua Ė Living As A Consistent Role Model
Lesson 13: "A Man of God Speaks" Joshua 23-24
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
Looking Back; A short-range perspective
- A great seven years (Josh. 23:3,5,8,9,10,11)
- Who was it that gave the Hebrews this land?
- Doesnít matter how many are against us, as long as we follow our Lord (v. 10)
- (See Deut. 32:30, Isaiah 30:17)
- A serious warning (Josh. 23:12,13)
Looking Back; A long-range perspective
- Between two mountains again (Josh. 8:30-35)
- Abrahamís first promise (Gen. 12:6,7)
- Jacobís renewal (Gen. 33:18-20; 35:1-4)
- Godís reminder of what He did (Josh. 24:3,5,6,8,10,11,12,13)
- But as for me and my house (Josh. 24:15)
#1) We must believe with all our hearts that God is the only true God.
#2) We must love God with all our hearts.
- What does true love for God mean?
- Obedience (Josh. 22:5, John 14:21,24)
- Unwavering Strength (Josh. 1:7, 23:6)
- Total Commitment (Matt. 22:36-38)
- Love for God is more than just feelings!
For next week, read Nehemiah Ch. 1